Skip to content
- There is a difference between traveling to a warm place and cold place. The amount of clothing you carry can affect on the weight of your pack. Most of my travelling are during warm months, Occasionally I do go to cold places (the peak of mountain), but I tried to keep it minimal, otherwise, all the extra clothing, I sent them home by mail, or simply just toss or give away.
- Depends on the country, some countries I tend to buy their local clothing and not wear my own. Once I leave the country, I get rid of them. (E.g. India, south east asia)
- It is a good idea to find out the culture and customs of a country before heading out to explore. As a women, I would never wear any skimpy clothing in a conservative country or Muslim country.
- The rule of thumb is 3 of everything and no more. I often wash my clothes during the trip so I always have something to wear.
- The reason why I carry so many different shoes because sometimes I don’t want to look like I am a hiker in the city, and occasionally I need to party, running shoes just doesn’t work in this case.