Hello! My name is Patty. This is a personal blog that dedicated to my travels throughout the years of my life. I used to be a Full time professional web designer for 10 years. I quit my full time job in 2011 and pursue my dream to travel around the world. And ever since, I never looked back. Originally planned for 1 year, but end up travelled for 18 months.
I loved my travel life so much that after I return from my trip that I decided to move on my life to become a digital nomad. I am currently learning and trading stocks, taking on freelance project and taking licensing courses. My income is no longer a single source of income. It is made of many different small ones. I love my flexible life. This blog documents on how I travel and all the tips and tricks. I hope you enjoy this blog and don’t be shy to ask me any questions or send me comments!
Which countries I have visited so far?
Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, England, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, Philippines, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam.
What are the most memorable moments I have done on my 18 months RTW trip?
- Hiked 4 days on Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in Peru.
- Spent 2 weeks learning Spanish in Cusco, Peru
- Spent 2 weeks learning Brazilian Portuguese in Rio, Brazil
- Travelled 8 days in the Amazon jungle
- Hang glided in Rio, Brazil
- Paraglided in Turkey
- Hiked the highest mountain in South East Aisa called Mt. Kinabalu in Borneo, Malaysia.
- Dived total 87 times in Thailand, Maldives, Philippines and Malaysia.
- Rented a manual car in Croatia without knowing how to drive a manual car, manage to drive it around the whole coastline, picked up 2 hitchhikers from London, and return the car without a single dent! Woot!
- Wiped out on a scooter in Croatia.
- Swam with the whalesharks, manta rays, sea turtles and sea lions. (well, not exactly all at the same time!)
- Took the hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia, Turkey.
- Got lost in the middle of the mountain in the Philippines, and survived.
- Spent two months training in a Muay Thai Kickboxing camp in Phuket, Thailand.
Where do I live now?
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
What is my future travel plans?
Currently I would like to work on building a location independent career where I no longer need to stay in one place to make income. It takes time to build but I will get there. Therefore, I won’t be doing another 18 months travel but I will be travelling max 3 months at a time. And maybe one country to two country at a time 🙂